You might have come across the terms – bridges and crowns from friends, family or during a routine visit to your dentist in telopea. For people still unclear about the definition – They are a dentistry procedure used to either restore or replace missing natural teeth. The process involves prosthetic devices being cemented on the existing implants or teeth to cover up or cap them entirely.
A dentist recommends dental crowns ad bridges in the following situations:
- To replace a large filling to protect the tooth structure.
- To protect a weak tooth from fracturing.
- Completely replacing a fractured tooth.
- When a person is missing one or more teeth. The gaps can lead to a bad bite, TMJ disorders and gum diseases that can be curbed with the help of bridges
With a clear understanding of what dental crowns and bridges are and when are they required, let’s dive into the apparent benefits that both of them provide.
Benefits of a Dental Crown
- They are one of the most durable dental restorations generally with a total life span of more than fifteen years. This is made possible due to the high-quality materials that go into the making of crowns. Life span on bridge also depends on biting forces and maintenance by the person.
- Dental crowns are the foremost protection a dentist in telopea can provide to your vulnerable tooth even if the root canal treatment weakens it.
- Crowns are superior in terms of providing ample protection and also maintain visual appeal. It can help enhance your beautiful smile.
Benefits of Bridges
- They are efficient and offers a much durable solution as compared to removable dentures
- They assist in the effective restoration of dental functionality. Moreover, it enhances the speech abilities allowing an individual to be clear while conversing.
- A dental bridge distributes the chewing force equally to the supporting teeth making way for an easier chewing experience
- A dental bridge not only restores functionality but also enhances the visual appeal of your teeth.
The aforementioned will guide you in making the best decision in regard to which dental procedure best suits you. It is the responsibility of a good dentist telopea to provide the advantages and guide an individual through both the processes to help them make an informed decision. Dream smiles dental with their exceptional team of dentists and state of the art equipment offers a plethora of dental services, including dental crowns and bridges. Contact them for a one-stop experience.