Around two decades ago, metal-ceramic restorations were high in demand, but things now have changed gradually. Turn around your eyes and you shall soon find zirconia prostheses gain to gain a supremacy. Zirconia ceramic crowns are at present among the top-notch teeth restoration prostheses. Here, is everything, you need to know about them.
Why do dentists recommend you to go ahead with the Zirconia crown?
- Made of zirconium oxide, Zirconia crowns are very light weight and act as aesthetics for the prosthetic dentistry procedure.
- Zirconium oxide crown frames are white and carry in-built transparency as well as translucency.
- As zirconia has a minimum thickness (0.4mm), it facilitates for minimal teeth cut.
- Zirconium oxide remains intact in its quality. Hence, you can rely on it for ages.
How will you benefit from Zirconia crown?
The Experienced Dentists Oatlands recommends the use of zirconia crowns for the following:
- It is highly durable in nature
When it comes to durability, zirconia crowns stand to be highly durable of all the crowning materials. Hence, it is potent enough to withstand the high pressure that arises out of vigorous chewing or biting activities.
- It gives natural appearance to your teeth
A lot of patients prefer to have a crown that more or less resembles their teeth. Precision becomes essential when the crown needs fixing at the front end, but you can relax when going ahead with Zirconia ceramic crown. These crowns resemble the colour and texture of your natural teeth. It will be harder for others to point out the difference. They are more comfortable to undergo the process of modification to fit in perfectly as the adjacent teeth.
- It is the best to withstand hypersensitivity as compared to other Alternatives
Are you worried about your hypersensitivity issues? According to Dentists Oatlands, hyper sensitivity is no longer a tough situation when you have zirconia crowns. Zirconium oxide possesses a relatively higher degree of resistivity. With this resistivity, it can easily withstand any exposure to high temperatures. Thus, your zirconia capped tooth stay protected from all sorts of hypersensitivity issues (provided nerve inside the tooth is RCT treated or in Good Condition)
Despite all these plus points, zirconia ceramic crown is highly affordable and safe to use as compared to other alternatives crown types prevailing in the market.