Have you ever witnessed the presence of a zirconia ceramic crown at your dentist’s clinic? Of course, you should have. Recently, zirconia crowns are in trend, and most dentists stand in their favour. As the concept is unknown to many of us, here is a quick look at how they stand differently beneficial from other crowns.
What are zirconia crowns?
The widely used Zirconia crowns contain zirconium oxide as their active ingredient. Zirconium oxide or zirconia is usually a white metal powder and opaque to X-radiations.
After getting in the form of blocks, the professionals in the dental clinics give this metal powder the shape of the desired toothpaste. They accomplish this task through the process of milling, with the help of a computerised cutting machine.
The multifarious advantages of zirconia crowns
According to the Dentist in Telopea, crowns made from zirconia have the following advantages over their traditional counterparts:
- Impart you an aesthetic look: When it comes to the natural tooth resemblance, zirconia nails all the odds in the market. While looking it, you will find it difficult to differentiate between your zirconium crown and your original tooth.
- Highly biocompatible: When it comes to replacing your original tooth with a crown, compatibility is what matters the most. Zirconia crowns are biocompatible and hence readily accepted by your oral tissues. Within two weeks or so, you will see that it functions exactly like your original tooth.
- Last longer: Zirconium ceramic crowns possess a long life in comparison to the other ordinary crowns. All you need is to invest in some of your efforts to maintain them really well with all the post-operation precautionary measures.
- Durable: Zirconium crowns are highly durable, and you will realise their strength as soon as you undergo a crowning treatment.
- Resistant to corrosion: Other types of crowns are available in the market are susceptible to undergo corrosion within a short period. Zirconium crowns do not react with the fluids or foods, and hence they are quite resistant to corrosion as compared to other crowns.
This is how zirconia ceramic crowns can prove useful and getting them from the best dentist around helps to regain your tooth functionality appreciably.
To conclude, zirconia ceramic crowns are user-friendly affordable alternatives for people suffering under the wrath of other ordinary crowns. Visiting an experienced and expert dentist Telopea will ensure proper fixing of these crowns on your teeth. This will hence serve your eating and aesthetic purpose together the best way.